As the Coronavirus (Covid-19) case numbers continue to decline the province is slowly opening up more of the province. In addition to the areas announced for June 12th the following can move to Stage 2 on Friday June 19th. Which means more businesses opening and more people getting back to work, albeit to a new normal.
…Informed by public health advice and workplace safety guidance, and supported by the collective efforts of businesses, workers and families to limit the potential spread of the virus, the latest public health unit regions allowed to move into Stage 2 on Friday, June 19, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. are:
- Durham Region Health Department;
- Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit;
- Halton Region Health Department;
- Hamilton Public Health Services;
- Lambton Health Unit;
- Niagara Region Public Health Department; and
- York Region Public Health Services.
The following regions will remain in Stage 1 until it’s safe to move into Stage 2:
- Peel Public Health
- Toronto Public Health
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
For more information go to the following Onartio Government sites –