Life is unpredictable and we never know what might happen. That’s why it’s a good idea to have a plan for our estate and our will so that our loved ones can carry out our wishes when we are gone. Sometimes, things change in our lives and we forget to update our plans or our beneficiaries. That can cause problems or confusion later on. So, it’s important to review our plan regularly and make sure it reflects our current situation and preferences.
Below is information on MROO’s Will & Estate Planning Webinar; you must be a MROO member. It is a one-time fee of $25.00 for a lifetime membership! If you go to the annual Zone meeting – the free lunch is worth that!
Life Member: Already retired? Join now as a Life Member. If you list your spouse/partner on the enrollment, he/she is included as an “Associate” member at no charge. Should you predecease your spouse or partner, he/she remains a MROO member for life.
February 2024 Webinar
Wills and Estate Planning – Planning with Different Investment Vehicles in Retirement Including Considerations for Single Retirees
Date: Wednesday February 14, 2024 at 10:00 AM (EST)
This MROO webinar will be presented by Dave Giles and will cover the following:
- Setting up a medical and financial power of attorney
- The importance of using your estate to designate beneficiaries/gifting
- The importance of LTC coverage and health insurance with no family to take care of you
- Redemption strategies to use your money and not leave it to the CRA
- How to use TFSAs in your retirement planning
- Why a First Home Savings Account (FHSA) is a good investment for first-time home buyers and why this may matter to you
About the Speaker: Dave Giles
Dave has 15 years of experience working at Sun Life and during that time has established a name for himself as a holistic financial planner, offering advice and financial plans to his clients to help them reach their financial goals. He has always been passionate about all aspects of the financial world and learned the importance of having a solid financial plan from an early age. When he started his own family, Dave realized the financial burden that would occur in case of illness or sudden death. This drives his commitment to providing Clients with the knowledge they need for financial independence and security.
How it Works:
- Log in to your MROO member account and register for the next webinar. Login here.
- You will need to provide an email address when registering. You will then receive a follow-up email with the link to join the Webinar.ΩYou will also receive a reminder email a week in advance and one day before the webinar.
- Not on the MROO email list? Email MROO Office Assistant. This is essential: make sure to type Member Login in the subject line and kindly provide your full name and another piece of information that we would have on file in our database for confirmation purposes such as your mailing address or your OMERS employer. Thank you!
Tips & Other Information:
- The maximum capacity is 1,000 attendees, first-come, first-served. Register early for best results.
- Before you get started if you are not familiar with the Zoom Webinar Service and how to participate, watch this informal video How Do I Join a ZOOM Meeting?
- It’s not required, but if you like, you can download the ZOOM Meeting application in advance of joining the Webinar.
- Worth noting. This Zoom Webinar is not interactive. You will not be visible to other attendees or the presenter, nor will you be able to speak to the presenter.
- There will be no Webinars in July and August.
- If you missed a live Webinar for any reason, you would have the opportunity to view it later. Approximately ten business days after the live broadcast, completed Webinars will be uploaded to the Member Area on the MROO website.
** You must be a MROO Member to register to this event **