Branch 258 opened its new location at 305 Morrish Road on September 16th, 2022 with an open house for its members. The site was formerly owned by the Salvation Army and after renovations and some updating, the building is quite spectacular. The main hall has pool tables, shuffleboard, dart boards, a stage, and of course the bar, there is also a banquet facility with a kitchen on the lower level available for events.
Legion 258 was first located at 45 Lawson Road when the property was acquired around 1946. The first Legion building was located closer to Lawson Road in what is known as the north parking lot today. A second floor was added in 1947. A fire in 1976 led way to the construction of the building which sits there today, it opened in May 1981. The site is now slated to become home to new residential buildings.
The Royal Canadian Legion’s mission is to serve its veterans which includes the military and RCMP members and their families. They do this through membership dues and fundraisers, if you are interested in supporting the legion an easy way to do so is to become a member. For membership and other information, please go to their website.